Ladies Rugby Team
At Lordswood Rugby Club, we are passionate about rugby and building a strong community around this thrilling sport. Located in the heart of Medway, our club is known for its friendly and inclusive environment that welcomes players of all ages and skill levels. Whether you're a seasoned player or new to the game, we have something to offer you!
Join Our Team
Allianz Inner Warrior Ladies Rugby Event
Join Lordswood Valkyries Ladies Rugby team for an exciting, FREE inner warrior event on Sunday 14th January 2024.
This event is aimed at women aged 18 and up who want to try a new sport for the new year or have previously played rugby and are looking to get into the sport. We welcome people of all ages, sizes and abilities; rugby is for everyone!
We will welcome England Rugby stars Marlie Packer and Rosie Galligan to Lordswood to host this session. They will explain and demonstrate the basics of rugby in a practical session aimed at all abilities. So, if you’ve been thinking about trying rugby for a while, this is ideal.
After the session, Marlie and Rosie will happily take photographs and provide signatures. We will also be running a Q&A in the clubhouse, so join us for a drink and chat before you leave after the session.
Our friendly team will be happy to welcome you to the club and answer any questions you may have. We want to show you exactly why rugby is more than just a sport; Lordswood is a family. Please send us a message if you have any questions before the event, and make sure you register your interest by confirming your attendance using this Facebook page or drop us an email via our contact button.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Woods!
Our Women's Team
Our club boasts some excellent facilities, including well-maintained rugby pitches and changing rooms, plus a modern clubhouse that serves as the social hub for all our members. We believe fostering camaraderie off the field is as important as the game.
Our Key Contacts
Chloe Cannon- Captain- 07792880820
Hollie Marston - Vice Captain
Lucy Horgan- Secretary
Mal Burniston- Treasurer
Beth Ryan- Social Media Manager
We are a women’s rugby team (Over 18’s) and we play at NC2 level. We train at Lordswood Sports and Social Club on a Monday and Wednesday from 7:30pm until 9pm.
1. When do you train?We train Tuesdays and Thursdays 7.30pm to 9pm at Lordswood Sports and Social Club.
2. Do I have to have played rugby before?No! We welcome all players over the age of 18 and have a youth section for those under this age. Whether you have played before, or never touched a ball come along and give it a try.
3. What do I need to wear?Turn up in sports clothing, if it is dry you can wear trainers, but we suggest moulds or studs for training sessions and game day.
4. How much does it cost?Once you have decided that you enjoy rugby and you want to commit, the fees to join are £150 in one payment, or £50 membership, and then £10 per game played in. Training sessions are free.
5. Who do I contact if I want to join?Contact us below or drop us a message on our socials
6. I’m so unfit, can I still join?The answer is yes, absolutely you can! All abilities and fitness levels welcome, rugby is a great way to increase your fitness and get out in the fresh air!