LORDSWOOD RFC MINI & YOUTH RUGBY
About Lordswood RFC Youth Rugby
At Lordswood Rugby Club, we are passionate about rugby and building a strong community around this thrilling sport. Our ethos is simple – rugby for all ages should be fun, but in particular, for young players, we want to instil in them the core values of rugby and hopefully nurture a lifelong love of the game.
We train/play on Sunday mornings and Thursday evenings, depending on the age group. We recommend getting to the club 10 mins before the training starts to allow for boots and tag belts to be put on and registration for new players wishing to join Lordswood RFC. Read on for more age-specific information.
Chairman/ assistant safeguard officer - Jamie Callaway
Treasurer - Lucy Horgan
Safeguarding – Barney Thompson
Youth Fixature Secretary – Joe Kirkin
Under 14s coach – Jamie Callaway, Kim Simpson
Under 13s coach - Joe Kirwin, Rob Wilkinson, Duncan Edwards, Lawrence Nicholl
Under 10s coach – Martin Holsman, Caitlin Enfield
Under 9s coach – Lucy Horgan
Under 8s coach – Claire Blackburn, Barney Thompson
Under 7s coach – Daniel Steylles
Under 5/6s coach – Chris Callaway, Scott Allchorne
1. When do you train?We train Tuesdays and Thursdays 7.30pm to 9pm at Lordswood Sports and Social Club.
2. Do I have to have played rugby before?No! We welcome all players over the age of 18 and have a youth section for those under this age. Whether you have played before, or never touched a ball come along and give it a try.
3. What do I need to wear?Turn up in sports clothing, if it is dry you can wear trainers, but we suggest moulds or studs for training sessions and game day.
4. How much does it cost?Once you have decided that you enjoy rugby and you want to commit, the fees to join are £150 in one payment, or £50 membership, and then £10 per game played in. Training sessions are free.
5. Who do I contact if I want to join?Contact us below or drop us a message on our socials
6. I’m so unfit, can I still join?The answer is yes, absolutely you can! All abilities and fitness levels welcome, rugby is a great way to increase your fitness and get out in the fresh air!